Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 103

Thread: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

  1. #11
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    We might be related. I'd just as soon they taxed folks on their net worth each year. Flat rate and forget it. No breaks at all.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    I'll just go ahead and say it...after the last 8 years I'll vote for any candidate the Democrats run...I don't care if it is Pee wee Herman, he'll get my vote.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #13
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    Now that is truely a sad statement. Just think about it.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    From a citizen in a nation that is in a truly sad situation, where a mans vote and rights truly mean nothing...think about that
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #15
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    And voting for a person because of a political affiliation instead of his or her qualifications is going to make things better????
    You may or may not be old enough to remember Lost in Space, I am going to guess not, but as the Robot often said "This does not compute".
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  6. #16
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    I served in the army under bush 1 and clinton...and I know that upon leaving the army my life was better under clinton than it was under bush 1 before i went in. My money went further etc. etc. And I know now that my money doesn't go as far as it did under clinton. Furthermore, we are mired in a needless war fought in the name of oil, revenge and to boost the economy. And, most Americans oppose that war on the basis it is being fought (and terror doesn't fly anymore than the "domino theory" which was the excuse for Vietnam) only to have their rights infringed upon by the presidential administration and then to have their voices fall upon a deaf ear. It has nothing to do with party....it has all to do with the current REPUBLICAN party. I could vote for an independant, but that is the same as throwing a vote away...but after the 2000 election, I don't know that a common person's vote counts anyways.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #17
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    Hmmmmmmmmmm
    So you didn't really say "I'll just go ahead and say it...after the last 8 years I'll vote for any candidate the Democrats run...I don't care if it is Pee wee Herman, he'll get my vote."?????????
    Must be something wrong on this end I guess. I could have sworn it had nothing to do with party. Sounds like something Gore would do, make a statement and then back up on it. Oh well, guess that explains things.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  8. #18
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    As an American, I value my vote very deeply. At the same time, when you get to major elections, especially presidential elections the person is not what your voting on entirely. The party forces, the candidate republican or democrat to agree with certain issues. I for instance strongly support the death penalty, I dont expect anybody on the democrat side to support that. Even if they did they couldn't say they did, why? The party wouldn't nominate them. The 08 election should be interesting to say the least, you've got a divided electorate, a president whose approval rating only barely beats out Paris Hilton and an opposing party that is trying to break a barrier.

    I really have no clue what the democrats are doing, out of the top candidates I support Obama and McCain. Neither one are electable, in my opinion. Then you've got Hillary who a large portion of the nation dislikes. So, if you've got political momentum as the democrats do from the mid term election why in the world would you not run a John Edwards? I really believe if he just got up and didn't say anything that resembled a Allen comment he'd run away with the presidency. Instead there intended on breaking either a race or gender barrier. I'm not saying that Obama or Hillary couldn't be a great president, but from a democrats point of view can we please just win the election. I'd love to see a two term democrat and have us run Obama in 16, he'd be more experienced the nation would be even more diverse and I really think the chances of him winning would be much higher.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    It has everything to do with ridding the White House of the Republican Party....the Dems are the only party that can do that.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #20
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clinton Proposes 401(k)s, Matching Funds

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has everything to do with ridding the White House of the Republican Party....the Dems are the only party that can do that. </div></div>

    Ok, so you would vote a straight ticket, no matter what....right?
    That's what you said. No wait, you didn't say that. oops.......Yes you did. Dang, now you didn't...........
    Let me make a wild guess here. Did you by any chance happen to vote for John Kerry???????????
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •